- Would be nice to have a referral system so people can earn something by referring us people
- Would be nice to handle addresses even better
- ZIP code field could probably be slightly wider in most cases (especially for non-US addresses… check out addresses in London for instance)
- Would be nice to know what different countries call their “states” and then display it in the UI appropriately. (State, Province, Prefecture, ...)
- Would be nice to know what different countries call their “ZIP Code” and then display it in the UI appropriately. (ZIP, Postal Code, ...)
- We have an issue with comparing addresses. Since we verify addresses with the USPS even matching addresses may not always match. For instance, the street address “385 Kualono Pl.” will be changed to "385 KUALONO PL" by the USPS verification service. While we can handle the differences in upper/lower case, we still see them as different addresses since the period after “place” us trimmed off ("Pl." vs. “PL”). This triggers odd scenarios. For instance, even after the user enters an address that is already know to us, we may not recognize that fact and thus the address gets stored as a new one. Then, the verification process kicks in, and it in fact changes the new (and very slightly different) address to be exactly the same as one we already had on file. We could now recognize them as the same, but it is too late. It would be nice to handle that scenario more gracefully.
- We currently seem to renew most people on a default code, even if they had special subscriptions. Would be nice if we could assign renewals better based on original code. For instance, Microsoft Employees have a free subscription offer code, but they get a default renewal offer that has to be paid. Instead, they should also get a free renewal link emailed to them.