Codemag.com General Change Log
Note: For changes specific in the subscription system, see Subscriptions Change Log
- The newly designed contact interface is now on the homepage, the consulting homepage, the 1-hour-consulting page, and the legacy page.
- Pretty major update to the overall design of the page, based on Philipp's new design. (This is still a work in progress, and not all the newly designed features have been implemented yet.)
- The training home page now shows events in regular chronological order, with the next event showing up in the list first, and the one that is furthest out, showing at the bottom.
- The State of .NET page now only shows State of .NET events.
- There now is a new /CodePresents page.
- There was a background color display issue on the homepage, which has been fixed.
- Improved the formatting of the list of State of .NET event recordings.
- Articles are now displaying issue information in the header.
- Facebook comments are not displayed on articles anymore.
- Autor bios are not displayed with the article anymore (but the user can click on the author name to get to the detailed bio page).
- The article display page has been worked on and streamlined a bit.
- The display of the author name has been changed.
- The last modified date for the article is now being displayed at the top of the article.
- Fixed a problem with the Media Kit download.
- Added file download count logging for article file attachments (usually samples).
- Fixed a general problem with article file downloads for files mirrored to Azure.
- Added more defensive coding to display a placeholder image for authors with no author image.
- Fixed a bug with author bios sometimes being associated with the wrong author, in the rare case that we have articles with more than one author.
- The .NET 5 Focus issue is now the default issue on codemag.com/focus. This required a new push of the web site.
- Invoices displayed on the site now always include a name in the address area. This is true for HTML versions as well as PDF versions.
- We are now logging file download numbers for magazine issue downloads as well as event attachment downloads. (Note: Up to date numbers are counted from 11/8/2020 on. We do not have data for downloads before that date.)
- A new logo was added (CODE Training with margins/border): https://codemag.com/Images/Logos/CODETraining_White_Small_Border.png
DownloadControllernow has a new
Eventaction, which allows for downloading specific event materials (PPT and PDF slides) through our own URL, rather than pointing people directly at Azure, as we did before. (This now only happens behind the scenes and hidden to the user).