Creating a Ticket
By default after logging on you will be taken to the Ticket list page. Here you will see a large “+” button at the top right. Click on this button to create a new ticket.
- Ticket date, required. This is in the format Month/Date/Year. Clicking the calendar icon will open a date picker.
- Start time, required. It can be in 24 hour format (HH:MM) or AM/PM format (06:30 AM).
- End time, required. It can be in 24 hour format (HH:MM) or AM/PM format (06:30 AM).
Tip: Using the up/down arrow will increment the time fields in 15 minute intervals.
- Description, required. Free form entry for description of the ticket. Note that the customer can see this description, so please be aware of this, and keep it professional.
- Project, required. Select from the list of projects.
- Area, optional. Some projects have areas established. Commonly areas like “Meeting” or "Development" are established. Select one if it is appropriate for the current ticket.
- Task, optional. Some projects have tasks established. Select one if it is appropriate for the current ticket.
- Work Item Number, optional. For projects associated with a TFS server the “Work Item Number” field will show. If the employee has a Personal Access Token (PAT) for that TFS server Clockwork will integrate ticket times with TFS Work Items. See the section "TFS Integration" for more details.
- Delete ticket. Deletes ticket from Clockwork and if TFS Integration is setup credits the TFS Work Item for the hours and returns back to ticket list.
- Copy ticket. Saves current ticket and creates a new on with the same Project/Area/Task.
- Add New ticket. Saves current ticket and creates a new blank ticket.
- Save Ticket. Saves current ticket and returns back to ticket list.
- Show/Hide Help. This toggles the display of bubble explanations when hovering over ticket fields.